Monday, March 24, 2008

Peanut Chicken Kabobs

YUM YUM! This is by far one of my favorite chicken recipes. This is in the "Favorites" cookbook. It really doesn't take a lot of work either! I like to serve with calrose rice and a green salad. Enjoy! Oh, one more thing. The recipe is huge. I usually only use 2 large pieces of chicken. Then I half the marinade and sauce.

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Marinade:
1 cup cream of coconut (I don't know it coconut milk is the same, but that is what I use)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 TBS vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp ground red pepper

In bowl, combine marinade ingredients until well blended. Slice chicken into 3/4-inch strips. Place in marinade and stir until well coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or up to 24 hours. Skewer chicken on thin wooden skewers. Broil or grill (I grill) over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes per side. Serve over rice with peanut sauce.

Peanut Sauce:
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
2/3 cup water 1/4 cup soy sauce
2 TBS cider vinegar
2 TBS brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
2 cloves garlic, crushed

Blend ingredients together in small bowl. (I like to either microwave for a bit or heat on the stove to get it all blended. Otherwise the peanut butter is gloppy).

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I haven't tried that one yet but it looks really yummy. I am going to try it next week.